Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Miss My Mom...

I don't know why, but I am really missing my mom lately. I miss her smile, I miss her laugh, I miss her quirky little sayings, I miss all of her matching skirt and vest outfits that she wore to school. It seemed like she had one for every special occasion, and her preschoolers LOVED them. I think most of all, I miss being able to talk to her and just be able to soak up her words of wisdom. She always knew what to say to make me feel better, and she always gave me such sound advice. She was such a godly woman, and I can only hope that my desire to serve Christ will one day be as deep as hers.

Andrew is growing up so quickly, and some days I have absolutely NO IDEA what I am doing. Oh how I wish she was here to give me that motherly advice. I truly believe that being a grandmother would be her number one passion, not to mention how lucky Andrew would be to grow up with such an amazing grandmother!

I don't know why God chose to take my mom when He did, but I do know that He is in control, and His timing is perfect. I know some day that I will understand His plan, but until that time, I will cherish every sweet memory I have of my mother, and wait for the day that I will see her again in heaven!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you girl, it's hard to get "why". I wish so bad my dad could have met my girls...